Unlike some subwoofers the DALI SUB C-8 D has been engineered to perform equally well with both music and movies. It is very important to us that a subwoofer can render a performance true to the input signal. Therefore a DALI subwoofer is everything but a ‘boombox’.
Placing a subwoofer is a very large part of creating the perfect audio reproduction. We recommend placing the SUB C-8 D in a corner or if that is not possible alongside a wall. This will maximise the bass output and the distribution around the room. The compact size of the SUB C-8 D makes placing it correctly much easier than many larger subwoofers. DALI recommend using the SUB C-8 D with the ZENSOR and SPEKTOR series.
Over the years our engineers have developed a set of sound design principles. Today these are applied in the creation of any DALI speaker. Naturally our subwoofers must be able to enter into any setup without sacrificing the purpose of providing wide dispersion, time coherence and low-loss performance. Therefore the DALI SUB C-8 D will feel equally at home in a movie focused surround setup as well as a compact stereo setup meant for mainly musical enjoyment.
Features & specifications
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]: 33 – 200
- Maximum SPL [dB]: 109
- Crossover Frequency [Hz]: 40 – 120
- Low frequency driver, Quantity: 1 x 8″ long stroke
- Low frequency driver, Diaphragm type: Paper Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz]: 49.0
- Max. Amplifier Power Output [RMS watt]: 220
- Continous IEC Power Output [RMS watt]: 170
- Input Impedance [ohms]: 25k
- Connection Input: Mono (LFE) RCA Stereo (low-pass filtered)
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- Recommended Placement: Floor
- Recommended Distance From Wall [cm]: 10 – 30
- Functions: Crossover Frequency Phase Switch Standby (Auto Power) On/Off Switch Volume (Gain)
- Max. Power Consumption [W]: 250
- Standby Power Consumption [W]: 0.4
- Idle Power Consumption[W]: 10.4
- Accessories Included: Manual